You Did What??

I tore the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament), the medial meniscus in my right knee on 6-2-09 when I slipped/fell backward off a 10" step. A microfracture of the femoral condyle was also discoverd. I felt a very painful pop on impact and another pop when up-righting myself again. It's a very common injury to both pro and weekend warrior athletes. I tore the meniscus in this same knee in 2007. I'm an active woman and a delivery person for a major company so it is imperative that I'm 100%. This is the story of my ACL surgery on August 18, 2009. To start reading from the beginning click and at the bottom of the page there is a "newer post" link.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 10

So I did most of my home exercises given to me by the PT guy. I slacked a little bit on the "Quad Sets"; I tried to get them in when I thought about it, but seriously there aren't many times that I'm thinking about it and am in a position to do them. I did like 5 sets on the window seat where I did all the others so I probably only cut it short by maybe 1 or 2 sets I couldn't think of a place to do the "Ankle Pump" exercise since I can't exactly lay on the floor (cause I wouldn't be able to get back up) so I just plopped my bad leg on top of my good one while lying down which seemed to work just fine. The hardest and most painful thing to do is flex (bend) my knee. Yowie, that hurts!

The swelling looks noticeably better today. I'm still taking the Naproxen 500 twice a day.

On a positive note, I've figured out that not only can I butt slide down the stairs two at a time, but I can also butt slide UP two at a time! Whooo-hooo, less time on the stairs! (stairs are annoying)

No comments: