You Did What??

I tore the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament), the medial meniscus in my right knee on 6-2-09 when I slipped/fell backward off a 10" step. A microfracture of the femoral condyle was also discoverd. I felt a very painful pop on impact and another pop when up-righting myself again. It's a very common injury to both pro and weekend warrior athletes. I tore the meniscus in this same knee in 2007. I'm an active woman and a delivery person for a major company so it is imperative that I'm 100%. This is the story of my ACL surgery on August 18, 2009. To start reading from the beginning click and at the bottom of the page there is a "newer post" link.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

ACL Revision

I'm scheduled for arthroscopy on April 6th to clean up the femoral chondyle and to assess the ACL for a possible ACL revision. The doctor's involved are pretty sure that the ACL will be "revised". Revised means re-done.

The saga continues with dealing with the worker's compensation insurance company. The latest news is that they don't feel that they can pay me for the 3 weeks lull in checks because I didn't get an MRI that I wasn't informed about. I've since called a mediator and am hoping that this will help. I wonder if they've approved the brace and didn't tell me or the left knee arthroscopy and didn't tell me. I hope anyone reading this is not also dealing with worker's comp; it's exhausting and very frustrating.

No comments: