You Did What??

I tore the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament), the medial meniscus in my right knee on 6-2-09 when I slipped/fell backward off a 10" step. A microfracture of the femoral condyle was also discoverd. I felt a very painful pop on impact and another pop when up-righting myself again. It's a very common injury to both pro and weekend warrior athletes. I tore the meniscus in this same knee in 2007. I'm an active woman and a delivery person for a major company so it is imperative that I'm 100%. This is the story of my ACL surgery on August 18, 2009. To start reading from the beginning click and at the bottom of the page there is a "newer post" link.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A new MRI

FINALLY after months and months of waiting, I had an MRI today 3/3/10 on my right knee post ACL reconstruction. I don't have much more to say about that until I get the results, I didn't like the facility as much as the one I normally go to. They didn't have free coffee and donuts... LOL. Ok, on top of that it's a mobile MRI unit which means it's in a big truck trailer. It was kind of cool, but kind of uncomfortable.

I pulled up the images on my computer at home and I have to wonder about the quality. The pictures weren't as clear as what I get from the other place. Then again I'm no radiologist and I was told that the MRI machine was very powerful.

I'll get the results before seeing Anderson so I can ask educated questions.

No comments: