You Did What??

I tore the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament), the medial meniscus in my right knee on 6-2-09 when I slipped/fell backward off a 10" step. A microfracture of the femoral condyle was also discoverd. I felt a very painful pop on impact and another pop when up-righting myself again. It's a very common injury to both pro and weekend warrior athletes. I tore the meniscus in this same knee in 2007. I'm an active woman and a delivery person for a major company so it is imperative that I'm 100%. This is the story of my ACL surgery on August 18, 2009. To start reading from the beginning click and at the bottom of the page there is a "newer post" link.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Where's my check?

I get a "paycheck" from the insurance company since this is a work related injury. The checks arrive on Tuesday. Well this past Tuesday the check didn't come. This isn't the first time this has happened they get delayed because of holidays usually and even though there was no holiday we did have a lot of snow so maybe that's why it got held up.

I called my claim rep on Thursday 2/25/10. I didn't even ask her about the check but asked her what the situation was with all the back and forth commenting. She then told me that they had approved the MRI back in January. January? WTF?  I told her I didn't know the MRI was approved. She told me that she sent the approval to my doctor's office and so she "guessed" that was my notification. Guessed? Hmm. This doesn't sound right. I didn't get hysterical or anything so I was good, but I did forget to ask about the check in my state of shock.

Seriously, I've been waiting for a call from her regarding some result from all this bantering of comments back and forth between doctors while I gimp around and waste away. Yeah, you should see the quad on the ACL reconstruction leg. It's looking pretty skinny.

Ok, so I'll call Anderson's and get the ball rolling.

Friday comes and goes and no check then Saturday no check. It must be lost in the mail. So I call claim rep on Monday 3/1 (she was out of the office on Friday, but I left a message.) She tells me that since I hadn't gotten the MRI or scheduled an appointment with Dr Anderson that my checks are being held! Held? Um, yeah, you didn't tell me that you ever approved the MRI! About now my slight paranoia with dealing with these people sets in and I begin wondering what her angle could possibly be for not informing me of the approved MRI? She even told me that she called my doctor's office last week and they told her I hadn't had the MRI. So why didn't she ever call me? Maybe she wants enough time to go by and then I would be in default for not complying and not getting the tests or making doctor appointments that were approved. Seriously though, if YOU were paying someone to sit around and do nothing wouldn't you let them know right away of something as important as this?

I hadn't made the MRI appointment because doctor Anderson's office hadn't called me back yet from Friday.

WOW, I wonder if this woman will have a job by the time all this is over.

No comments: