You Did What??

I tore the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament), the medial meniscus in my right knee on 6-2-09 when I slipped/fell backward off a 10" step. A microfracture of the femoral condyle was also discoverd. I felt a very painful pop on impact and another pop when up-righting myself again. It's a very common injury to both pro and weekend warrior athletes. I tore the meniscus in this same knee in 2007. I'm an active woman and a delivery person for a major company so it is imperative that I'm 100%. This is the story of my ACL surgery on August 18, 2009. To start reading from the beginning click and at the bottom of the page there is a "newer post" link.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Day 18

Again at physical therapy Drew asked about putting weight on my right leg. "This is getting old" I thought in my head. "No, the doctor said 4 weeks. Even you said it takes 6 weeks for a micro-fracture". He left it alone at that. The thing is with the micro-fracture that if I don't let it heal properly, it can lead to arthritis and that's something that I don't need on top of all the problems I already have; I told this to Drew as well. I'm beginning to wonder if the insurance company didn't call him and offer him some incentive for getting be back to work earlier.

Today my knee feels sorer. It could be from the PT, it could be from sitting around at my brother's all day too. I iced a couple times when I got home especially since I could see a little more swelling now than I've been having.

No comments: