You Did What??

I tore the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament), the medial meniscus in my right knee on 6-2-09 when I slipped/fell backward off a 10" step. A microfracture of the femoral condyle was also discoverd. I felt a very painful pop on impact and another pop when up-righting myself again. It's a very common injury to both pro and weekend warrior athletes. I tore the meniscus in this same knee in 2007. I'm an active woman and a delivery person for a major company so it is imperative that I'm 100%. This is the story of my ACL surgery on August 18, 2009. To start reading from the beginning click and at the bottom of the page there is a "newer post" link.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

14 Weeks - Still No Endurance

It's been 14 weeks now since the ACL reconstruction and while I am doing much better, I've discovered that I'm still lacking two things. 1. the strength and lack of pain to lift from a squatting position (I need this for my job) 2. I don't have endurance to walk for long periods of time without causing major soreness the next day. It seems that when I am walking it doesn't bother me, unless I'm mixing in running like at PT, then even walking is a bit uncomfortable. There is one part of my job that I haven't even come close to trying and that is stepping up and down from an 18-21" step, but I gotta imagine that would be extremely uncomfortable.

On Tuesday of next week I get to start it all over again with having the left knee scoped; I'm not even thinking about it really except that I'm trying to get a bunch of stuff done before to get ready for Christmas since I will be messed up again.... the story of my life for the past 2 years.

No comments: